Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Xeno Xeno is offline

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manualtransmission?

On 22/09/2017 4:24 AM, Chaya Eve wrote:
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 20:54:49 -0600, rbowman wrote:

If this "transmission saddle" can be bought locally, I'll get it!

Walmart shows them but I imagine it would be something they would have
to order before you find out how well it works with your floor jack.

This was posted earlier in the thread.
https://www.amazon.com/Gotobuy-Trans.../dp/B01MTXZE6J

The question is whether to get that or this:
https://www.harborfreight.com/automo...ack-61232.html

They have more expensive transmission jacks but this is expected to be a
one-time use so it doesn't need to be super sturdy but just sturdy enough.

If you have only one floor jack, the second option is better. That will
leave your floor jack free for general use. The second option would not
suit my needs however - the load carrying capacity is too low.

--

Xeno