Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mounting base for a 3D-printer

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 11:06:10 AM UTC-4, Dave, I can't do that wrote:
Guys,

I hate to mention the topic of wood, but I want to mount a 3D-printer on a flat stable base so I can move it around without disturbing the delicate (poor design) setup.

I cannot afford a 24" square piece of 1/2" aluminum and cannot lift a 24" square piece of 1/2" mild steel.

For flat and stable, I would try talking to the guys that sell granite counter tops. It seems to me that a sink cut out would come close to what you want.

Next stop would be a glass shop. A glass door would be pretty good if it were cut down.