Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,uk.d-i-y

Default Instructions for paint spraying.

On 21/09/2017 09:14, Andy Bennet wrote:
On 19/09/2017 14:47, john west wrote:
Thanks to SWMBO i now have a nasty scratch on my old Toyota Corolla
bumper, right down to the freshly 'grooved' black plastic underneath.
As a complete beginner i typed in: 'paint car UK' in YouTube, and get
over a millionĀ* results.
As a beginner, i will have to follow instructions slavishly, so really
need to find the right site, from somebody who really knows what they
are doing.
Would anyone 'in-the-know' be able to recommend a particular YouTube
site, showing spraying for a beginner please?
Thanks.

Depending on the severity of the scratch, it might be worth considering
a chipex kit. You get a perfect colour match and if you are prepared to
put a bit of (unskilled) effort in the finish is perfect.

http://www.chipex.co.uk/

About 6 months after getting my new new car, some skateboarding kids ran
into the (parked) car in the road and put a 3 inch scratch in the
paintwork by the o/s headlight. I got a chipex kit and spent a bit of
time working on it and you would nebver know it had been damaged.
You get comprehensive instructions in the kit as well as everything you
need including rubber gloves!.
I still have the kit 3 years later and have used it to repair paint
chips and other scratches, always getting perfect results.

How much does it cost? I've always done stone chips and minor scratches
with the manufacturers paint (and a decent fine brush or cocktail stick
to apply it). Not the useless broomstick they provide on the cap.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown