Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Xeno Xeno is offline

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manualtransmission?

On 21/09/2017 12:47 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 09/20/2017 08:19 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 22:04:05 +1000, Xeno
wrote:

I'm thinking if he doesn't know *anything* about the job, including what
he needs in the way of equipment, it will be *cheaper* for him to pay
someone who does have a clue and, of course, all the requisite
equipment.

* I would agree 100%. But some people NEED to do it themselves. More
time than money, or just plain more "stubborn-ness"

When the clutch on my Ranger needed replacement I paid my brother's
shop to do the job even though I'd done hundreds of clutch
replacements in my younger years. At 60 I wasn't going to roll around
under the truck on a creaper to replace it.

Going on 70 that's what I really like about bikes -- you don't have to
get under the damn things. Worse comes to worse you can just lay down
next to it.

A lot of the bike riders do just that, though not necessarily
intentionally, at high speed out on the highway.

--

Xeno