Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manualtransmission?

On 09/20/2017 03:04 PM, Chaya Eve wrote:
I also have the Hanes somewhere (probably in the same spot). I can't find
them but that doesn't matter because anyone who recommends a shop manual
from Japan probably hasn't ever read one (or, has a lot more experience
than I have).

I've got the manuals for both of my Suzuki bikes. Some parts like the
electronics are good, others do assume you've worked on bikes and just
hit the high spots.

Years ago I was buttoning up a rebuild on a Healey and I got to the
point where you replace the distributor drive shaft. The shaft was
drilled and tapped for a small screw and the manual specified a screw of
a certain length, maybe 2". I only had a shorter one so I figured they
were just being anal. Seems the short one isn't long enough to hold onto
and engage the drive gear so you drop the whole mess into the crankcase.
There wasn't any oil in it yet but there were sure a lot of little
screws holding the crankcase on...