Posted to alt.home.repair
Chaya Eve Chaya Eve is offline

Default How hard is it to replace a clutch in a 5-speed manual transmission?

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 07:18:49 -0500, CRNG wrote:

Something like these might help.

http://www.factoryrepairmanuals.com/...l-shop-repair/

I actually have both the so-called factory shop manuals somewhere in my
crowded garage. I bought them for about $100 when the car was new two
decades ago, like I always did for all my vehicles.

I also have the Hanes somewhere (probably in the same spot). I can't find
them but that doesn't matter because anyone who recommends a shop manual
from Japan probably hasn't ever read one (or, has a lot more experience
than I have).

For example, I used that shop manual to replace the front shocks after
compressing the springs and everything was either wrong or missing in the
steps actually needed. Some things were assumed. Most didn't apply because
the shop manual handled a few models (although the Hanes/Chiltons are far
far far worse in trying to cover everything at the same time).

As someone who has used shop manuals for decades, in a word, they suck.

There is nothing wrong with having a shop manual mind you.
But having one doesn't make them not suck.