Ajit Joshi

Default HELP: partition wall frames for basement

Hello all,
I am trying to build partition wall frames with 2x4 wood studs (I am
using the green ones on the bottom). When I try to put a screw, the
bottom one (bottom studs) goes through fine but for the top studs (I
believe I am using stimsun studs from home depot), it is becoming
extremely difficult to put the screws on. It just doesn't go in even
with lot of force; the screws seem to be getting jammed midway
through. I am using a craftsman 9.6 volt driver (I am planning on
buying a 14.4v on soon). Is there certain type of stud that I should
be avoiding, the studs I am using now seem to be very dry and brittle
too and feel very fibery because I hear that screeching sound. I am
getting very frustrated with this. Thank you very much for all the
help.

-ajit