Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default 1930s cast iron downpipe fixings - what are they?

On 20/09/2017 14:18, wrote:

A drain rod would be far too stiff to go round the bend in the shoe.
I've tried shoving plastic 22, 15 and 10mm pipe up - the 22 and 15 are
too stiff, the 10 is too small and also gets snagged on the joints.

Maybe stick with the 10mm pipe idea for a minute, and perhaps there's
something you can attach to the end that would keep the pipe more or
less centred and would ride over the joints? Something like a small
water bottle firmly attached with the neck downwards.

I started using a multi-tool through the shoe opening to cut off 20mm
sections but then realised it was a long piece of wood and would take
hours.

No fun in that!