Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dim lights for corridor

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 14:11:21 +0100, alan_m wrote:

On 20/09/2017 13:49, wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 11:37:09 UTC+1, DICEGEORGE wrote:
I'm rewiring corridor lights,
it will have pendants with LEDs or fluorescent bulbs.
But could i also add dim lights for night time

Why do you need dim lights for night time? Either the corridor needs to
be lit, or it doesn't. ("Corridor" suggests non-domestic premises; if
you need a nightlight in a house for nocturnal bathroom visits that's
different.)

Either have the lights running 24/7 (a 4 watt LED will only cost about
£4 a year to run) or have PIR with a long dwell time so the lights are
usually on when people are about.

A nightlight for a nocturnal bathroom visit don't even require anything
like 4W. I have an emergency light in my hallway with a green LED to
indicate the light is operational/charging. This is sufficiently bright
enough to navigate by when everything else is pitch black.

Our landing has one of those green neon borders on the light switch. And
two mains powered smoke alarms with green LEDs. Positively dazzling!

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org