Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] nomail@nomail.com is offline

Default 1930s cast iron downpipe fixings - what are they?

On 20/09/2017 10:05, Robin wrote:
On 20/09/2017 00:50, wrote:
Some numpty (not me) seems to have dropped a long length of hardwood
down one of the downpipes on my "new" house - presumably when clearing
the hopper some years ago. I need to get the bottom discharge "shoe"
off to get the wood out but it probably hasn't been touched since it
was built (1930s) and I can't work out what the fixings are. I've got
the paint and render off the fixings and the heads seem to be domed,
but no slot or other means of undoing the things.
HELP!

Is this with a view to separating the "shoe" from the downpipe?

Yes, but others are making me rethink that idea.