Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default 1930s cast iron downpipe fixings - what are they?

Are you sure you cannot get a tool to get it out through the top?
I'm sur I've seen long tools that clamp to things down pipes in the past.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
Some numpty (not me) seems to have dropped a long length of hardwood down
one of the downpipes on my "new" house - presumably when clearing the
hopper some years ago. I need to get the bottom discharge "shoe" off to
get the wood out but it probably hasn't been touched since it was built
(1930s) and I can't work out what the fixings are. I've got the paint and
render off the fixings and the heads seem to be domed, but no slot or
other means of undoing the things.
HELP!