Michael Daly

Default Tung vs. linseed

On 5-Nov-2003, "Mike G" wrote:

Now this isn't meant to disagree and personally, I wouldn't depend on any
oil finish for any great protection from moisture,

Among paddle makers, many believe that oil is better than any hard finish.
But putting a paddle in the water a gazzillion times a day isn't quite
the same as wiping up a splash of tomato sauce. Personally, if it's a
real kitchen, I'd not use anything but a hard, washable finish.

but I've always read the
opposite. Linseed oil being more moisture resistant then tung oil. It was
supposedly it's only saving grace.

I hear the opposite from paddle makers. Tung's a tad more resistant. YMMV
Something tells me this could be debated till the cows come home.

Mike