Joe Wilson

Default Update...

Yes, there is a 1 year warranty that covers "cosmetic" problems...and a 10
year warranty that covers structual. The builder claims that multiple
vertical cracks in the foundation is cosmetic.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Joe Wilson" wrote in message

They said that it would cost $230 per crack to fix with a lifetime

warranty.
So, my question is (and I will get a couple of other bids)...

Does that price sound reasonable?

If I'm not finishing my basement any time soon should I even worry about

it?

My house is only 3.5 years old...is it "normal" to have that many cracks

in
the basement foundation walls?

Considering the age of the house, do you have any warranty? Even if you

do
not, perhaps the builder will work with you as a matter of keeping his
reputation intact.
Ed