Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John B.[_3_] John B.[_3_] is offline

Default Seasonal fun and games; was Bow Man's post

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 04:03:11 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 07:11:42 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 07:11:09 -0700, Life Is A Carnival
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 03:32:38 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

"Prepper" is what coy survivalists call themselves these days, since
"survivalist" has acquired a strong odor of lunacy.

All the so-called survivalists I've known personally were just idiot
gun nuts, poorly prepared for any sort of calamity, largely because
they were poorly prepared for normal life. Perhaps I needed to look
farther afield to see some "real" survivalists. So I go online and
what do I read? The guy who claims the best preparations is....
Wieber! Lots of guns, lifelong loser, arch enemy of personal
responsibility, can't even pay his rent, and is fully prepared to be
taken out by a road flare tossed into the window of his cracker box.

Actually, to be prepared for Armageddon, which they all seem to
believe that they are, one probably should live 40 miles from town,
raise their own food, light their own candles, kill their own buffalo.

But instead they are all on the Internet telling the world how well
prepared they are. Got the hundred cans of baked beans and the hundred
bottles of water, Ready for the End of the World!

Of course, when the world ends there won't be any Internet... what
then?

Then you will be trapped in Asia as a professional ladyboi hooker and
no one here will have to listen to your self hate?

Trapped in Asia?

Whatever are you talking about. I served for 10 years in Asia while in
the Military and 30 years after I left the service. Presently nicely
situated in a two story cement house that was fully paid for 25 years
ago. Don't owe the land office a single penny in taxes, got the
pickup- for myself and a small sedan for the wife. My wife and I have
been happily married for 30 years. The grand kids are doing nicely in
school - the grand daughter was first in her class last year and just
finished her finals this year. The grand son is aimed at the military
academy.

And your good self? I hear that you can't pay your taxes, can't afford
the smog test on your truck, that you wife ran off and left you
(several times) that your kid is a dope fiend and that you seem to
think that $150 in the bank is a fortune.

I think I'll just stay right here.

--
Cheers,

John B.