Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] goodsoldierschweik@invalid.junk is offline

Default Seasonal fun and games; was Bow Man's post

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 23:39:16 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 08:39:05 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 20:57:21 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 07:21:08 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 10:31:55 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 15:31:59 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 03:32:38 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 13:42:10 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 01:55:42 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 09:46:47 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 17:24:03 -0500, Red Prepper wrote:

On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 18:17:25 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:
On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 16:15:08 -0400, Frank "frank
wrote:

On 9/16/2017 4:00 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 9/16/2017 2:56 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 9/16/2017 2:18 PM, raykeller wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
news On 9/16/2017 1:54 PM, Winston Smith wrote:
On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 10:21:04 -0700 (PDT), bookburn wrote:

Bugs me about "seasons" declared by Fish and Game
"authorities" is
that
you end up with all these regulations about when, how, and
where
you do
this and that.
May we assume you actually go bow hunting?

* No , he's too busy bitching and fantasizing on usenet .

* Snag

* Just got done getting my game cam ready to put out . My new
deer
blind is
the laundry room window ... bow season starts in 8 days ...
picking up
bait corn on Monday . I love living in a clearing out in the
woods .

I got woke up at 3:am with elk bugeling in my front yard
6x6 bull 25 feet from my bedroom window

* The next sound that sucker heard would be the crack of my
30-06 .
Here at The 12 Acre Wood we have a power line easement that's
kept
clear of trees and brush . The last pole is right outside the
house ,
got a nice 40-50 yard shot down towards the creek . Already did
a test
run with some old corn I had , had a good draw . I know they're
comin'
, just need the camera to establish patterns and timing .
"Honey ,
hold my coffee." BLAM "thanks dear , that's our second buck."

* --

* Snag

* There is a difference between huntin' deer and killin' deer

* Addendum - I recently got my LIFETIME huntin' an' fishin'
license .
Cheap if you're over 65 .

* --

* Snag

In DE, its free if over 65 but you need an exempt permit number
and get
5 tags. PA is $100 but only to residents. Would have cost me
$175 so I
did not get it. DE park permit also free to seniors. No permit
needed
in PA park. Both places within 10 miles of my house.

Jeez. Here in NJ, a resident senior firearms hunting license is
$15.50. A bear permit is $2. g

And we have the densest deer population in the US. I throw rocks to
get them out of my backyard. If you get all the permits, you can
kill
9 deer.

That's down from 11 a few years back. One of my buddies got 7 one
year.

--
Ed ****dress

Why don't you add some a antlers to your **** dress ensemble and see
if you can get so.e stupid NJ buck to **** you in your artificial
****?

You seem to have a rather definite affinity for what some would term
"queer or strange" sexual practices?

But then, I have read that those that talk the most about a subject do
so due to their intense interest in the subject.

You've noticed something that others here have picked up on: the
Pecker appears to be a repressed pervert who's always looking for an
oppotunity to express his sexual fantasies.

He's one weird dude.

Out of curiosity I did try to find a synonym for "prepper" and
admittedly I don't have a full sized "Roget's" but my simple on line
thesaurus says it is misspelled and gives alternate spellings of
pepper, prepare, prepuce.

"Red Prepare" doesn't sound quite right so I assume it is one of the
other two.

"Prepper" is what coy survivalists call themselves these days, since
"survivalist" has acquired a strong odor of lunacy. It's like
"progressive" and "liberal."

My guess is that he stole the full nym from he

http://www.redprepper.com/

He's used other nyms in the past. Based on his syntax, his vocabulary,
and the timing of nym-shifts, he probably was the face behind "Lib
Loo" and "Liberal Leroy."

Here's a photo of one of them, prepared for self defense when SHTF:

http://www.smartpreppergear.com/preppers-will-die-shtf/

Ooooo, I guess that the be a proper prepper one needs that big tattoo
and the Mohawk hair cut.

My grandfather didn't have the big tattoo, but I wonder whether he
might have been a prepper. He raised his own food, cut his own
firewood and killed his own critters. He shot foxes for their hides
and deer for meat and didn't owe anyone any money, I remember he
bought a new Browning automatic 12 gauge from money he made collecting
Gin Seng.

But I don't suppose that he would make the grade. His hair was too
thin in his later years to wear a proper "mohawk" hair do.

Regarding the hair, I know just how he must have felt about it. If I
had a Mohawk, it would look like an unfolded hairball.

The people who probably are best prepared to be real preppars are the
cooks in Chinese restaurants. The things they can do with roadkill are
amazing:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chinese...y-report-says/

A friend who did financial studies once made a trip to China. This was
shortly after the Main Landers had opened the door a bit and he was
looking into the feasibility of a client starting up an operation
there.

He rode the train from the Chinese border with Hong Kong to Peking and
said that one thing that was very noticeable was that out in the
countryside one saw no dogs or cats at all.

Creepy. I've heard that cats taste like chicken, but I've never heard
about dog. We have a lot of Koreans in my town, including two families
on my street, but I don't have the temerity to ask them.

Some of the Vietnamese, said to be immigrants from North who arrived
maybe a generation ago, and one "tribe" in North Sumatra (the Batak)
are known to eat dogs, although my secretary who was married to a
Batak, said that her husband's family only ate them at celebrations. I
am told that dog meat tastes quite good and that the Batak's preferred
black dogs.

Re cats, I have heard that carnivorous creatures do not taste good. My
grandfather said that he tried cooking a fox and both he and my
grandmother, who probably actually did the cooking, said that it did
not taste good.

The township in which I live is over 43% Asian, (29% Indian-American,
which is the highest rate in North America; the rest Chinese and
Korean.) I'm sure there is some dog meat somewhere nearby.

But why not eat a dog? After all, horse meat was openly sold in the
U.S. during WW II. I've eaten it myself. If a horse, why not a dog?

Why stop there? I'm sure you're familiar with Swift's "Modest
Proposal":

"... I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance
in London, that a young healthy Child well Nursed is at a year Old, a
most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome Food, whether Stewed,
Roasted, Baked, or Boyled, and I make no doubt that it will equally
serve in a Fricasie, or Ragoust."

https://andromeda.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Texts/modest.html

I don't eat my friends, dog or otherwise.

:-) Working in Irian Jaya we hired a "Boss Boy", i.e., foreman, who
apparently been raised in a cannibal, or perhaps partially cannibal,
tribe. All of his front teeth were filed to points.

He had initially come to work naked and turned out to be a good boss
boy able to get the crew to work without beating them :-)

But anyway, when asked about eating people he was rather reticent and
mumbled that some people did eat parts of an enemy. I gathered that
humans were not a part of the normal diet :-)

An interesting chap. Initially he was quite literally a stone age
savage who had no clothes at all when he first joined us and five
years later had opened a bank account in a small town in and was
setting up a trading business.
--
Cheers,

Schweik