Posted to alt.home.repair
Arnie Goetchius[_2_] Arnie Goetchius[_2_] is offline

Default HD antenna installation question

badgolferman wrote:
I'm thinking of installing an HD antenna either in the attic or on the roof
to be rid of cable video. However I'm wondering if I can hook up the
antenna to the existing coax in the attic that runs to the various rooms in
my house. Will one antenna work on 2+ TVs at the same time?

The national network stations are at least 30 miles away, but they're all
in the same general direction so I'm thinking a directional antenna would
work. I do have a large maple tree in the direct line of sight though. Not
sure if that will be a problem.

Make sure your TV sets have a digital tuner so you can receive all the channels you now get on cable
video. Any set built from 2007 on should have a digital tuner. I you have a set older than 2007 you
would have to buy an external digital tuner and feed that with the coax.