Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HD antenna installation question

On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 6:46:25 PM UTC-5, badgolferman wrote:
I'm thinking of installing an HD antenna either in the attic or on the roof
to be rid of cable video. However I'm wondering if I can hook up the
antenna to the existing coax in the attic that runs to the various rooms in
my house. Will one antenna work on 2+ TVs at the same time?

The national network stations are at least 30 miles away, but they're all
in the same general direction so I'm thinking a directional antenna would
work. I do have a large maple tree in the direct line of sight though. Not
sure if that will be a problem.

If you install an amplified antenna in your attic, you must consider how the heat would affect the electronics in the amplifier. I'd be more concerned with hills or mountains between you and the TV stations. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle RF Monster