Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Seasonal fun and games; was Bow Man's post

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 07:11:09 -0700, Life Is A Carnival
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 03:32:38 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

"Prepper" is what coy survivalists call themselves these days, since
"survivalist" has acquired a strong odor of lunacy.

All the so-called survivalists I've known personally were just idiot
gun nuts, poorly prepared for any sort of calamity, largely because
they were poorly prepared for normal life. Perhaps I needed to look
farther afield to see some "real" survivalists. So I go online and
what do I read? The guy who claims the best preparations is....
Wieber! Lots of guns, lifelong loser, arch enemy of personal
responsibility, can't even pay his rent, and is fully prepared to be
taken out by a road flare tossed into the window of his cracker box.

Right. There are lots of dead giveaways. If guns are a big topic in a
particular group,the survivalists will dominate the conversation with
talk about terminal ballistics in human flesh.

Sometimes they have sketchy knowledge about guns (think Pox von Sputum
here), but man, they sure know about controlled-expansion bullets and
ballistic gelatin.

I'll bet that Gunner could cook up some ballistic gelatin into a tasty
dessert. Maybe we should post some recipes for it on alt.survival.
d8-)

--
Ed Huntress