Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default Bosch Dishwasher not heating - E09 (solved)

wrote:
Not actually a question, just summarising.

Bosch Exxcel SMS65E32GB/98 dishwasher tripped the RCD once, and
subsequently would run a full cycle but show E09 at the end - and didn't
heat the water at all.

How old is your example, out of interest?

The heat pump is drawing 0450 which is part 12019637. Bosch were about
half the price of anyone else for this part, so I got it from them, which
took two working days.

I guess you paid about GBP40? That sounds like part pricing is reasonably
sane. I have some experience with Miele - they have a surprising number of
parts for older models, but the prices are somewhat painful.

I spent perhaps three-four hours on the whole job, having never opened a
dishwasher first. If I did it again, it would take less than one hour.

Ah, but next time it'll be a completely different fault...

Theo