Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Soda Maker: How long does it take carbon dioxide to diffuse into 4C cold water at 30psi?

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 14:41:31 -0400, rickman wrote:

wrote on 9/14/2017 11:48 AM:
The only problem with the saw was when the oiler stopped working. I
called the local Stihl dealer for advice and he said to pour out the
bar oil, replace with fuel mix, run the saw without the bar attached
until the fuel mix starts coming out, and the dump the fuel and
replace with bar oil. His advice was good.

How do you tell when the bar lube is blocked? I had a saw and was never
sure, so I'd stop it periodically and lube the bar. I only used it once in
a blue moon so rather than deal with the hassles I gave it to a friend. Now
he doesn't want me to borrow it, lol.

One pretty good indication is when the saw runs out of fuel and the
bar oil tank is still almost full. The saw is designed to use fuel a
little faster than bar oil. I imagine all modern chain saws are
designed this way. So when the saw runs out of gas both the fuel tank
and the bar oil get filled. Another indication of lack of bar oil is
that the bar will get hot and you will see sap on the bar starting to
brown or even smoke.
Eric