Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ggherold@gmail.com is offline

Default Soda Maker: How long does it take carbon dioxide to diffuse into4C cold water at 30psi?

On Friday, September 15, 2017 at 1:15:41 AM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 08:48:43 -0700, wrote:

Does your new saw have the wind up starting feature?

No. Mine is just the MS180 with no extras:
https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/homeowner-saws/ms180/
There's also the MS180C-BE which has the Easy2Start and the "Quick
Chain Adjust" features:
https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/homeowner-saws/ms180cbe/
I don't see the MS180C on the product list any more.

Several years
ago I bought a new Stihl MS180 C that has this feature and the no
tools required chain tensioning and bar removal system. I bought the
saw manily for the wind up starting because of bad arthritis in both
wrists.

Good reason. I kinda wish I had that for a rather dumb reason. The
rear handle (the one with the trigger) is too small to fit my steel
toe shoes. There's no place to stand on the handle while starting.
The right side of the handle has a knuckle guard that will fit my
shoe, but that means I have to start it left handed. For now, I put a
length of 2x4 through the handle and stand on it when starting, but
that's going to get old rather quickly.

So far, I really like the MS180. It's very light and cuts fast. Power
is acceptable, but I'm having difficulties learning how to start it
properly. Maybe I should read the manual. I wonder if the Ez2Start
device can be added to the MS180.

My (older) Stihl takes six pulls to start. Every time.
(Well not once it's been running.)

George h.

This is my first Stihl saw. My others are a motley assortment of
Husquvarna, Homelite, McCullogh, junk, etc.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/chainsaw/index.html
I have about twice as many saws now.

I love the saw. It still starts easy and changing chains and
cleaning the sawdust out is super easy. I think Stihl is now making a
larger saw with the same features and I need to go shopping to see.

In the "Homeowner" series:
https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/homeowner-saws/ms181cbe/
https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/homeowner-saws/ms211cbe/
https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/homeowner-saws/ms251cbe/
Plenty of others in other series. Just look for the C-E suffix.

The only problem with the saw was when the oiler stopped working. I
called the local Stihl dealer for advice and he said to pour out the
bar oil, replace with fuel mix, run the saw without the bar attached
until the fuel mix starts coming out, and the dump the fuel and
replace with bar oil. His advice was good.

Yech. I do that a little differently. I have a spare bar oil cap
with a hose barb screwed and glued into the middle. I attach a vinyl
hose to the barb, with the other end to my air compressor. 30 psi
will usually be sufficient to blow out any sawdust and oil mix. That
happens if I store the saw for a few month, and the bar oil turns to
tar. You might look into trying a different brand of bar oil.

I still have about 1/4 cord of firewood from last year. The problem
is that it's all 18" long and my wood burner will only take 16".
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/home/slides/wood-burner.html
It's going to be a very noisy and tiring weekend.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558