Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default door to door salespests

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 15 September 2017 11:57:06 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

Trouble is some stuff is too big to go in one of those.

Obviously but the postie obviouly has to leave it somewhere.

The last lot of grog I bought online was much too big to put in what
is sensible to have locked box wise.

So where did it go ?

I answered the door when they knocked, and helped them to move it from
the van into my house.

Tad radical, I realise.

So you were there, so there wasn' a problem then.

The postman can then leave the parcel their no need for me to come
to the door

Doesn‘t work for stuff you have to sign for.

An app coul,d get around that quite easily the postie could film
himself putting the item in the requested place.

Useless when it needs your signature.

Why does it NEED yuor signature, what's so specaial about you. I go over
to our postroom nealry everyday to colelct post for me signed by someone
else, it's standard practice.

Would yuo expect asy Thereas May to come out of 10 downing street to sign
for a parcel for herself ?

It needs a signature from someone in the building/premises. It's no good
the delivery person dropping the item on the doorstep and signing him/her
self.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England