Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default door to door salespests

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 21:59:44 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 08:31:17 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

But it's integrated with the PBX, and the bell push actually
rings all the phones in the house .

I'd hate that, not know or being sure if someone was phoning me or
someone at the front door.

Trivial to have a different ring tone for the two different types of
thing.

but ringtones can only be activated from a phonecall, so your
doorbell would have to activate a phone call to your mobile number
and that number would be fixed unless yuo could use your contact app
could in some way recongnise the person at the door then ID that
person with the person ringing the doorbell.

Who said anything about a mobile? I'm talking about within the house.
And I've written software so that the doorbell activates a process in
the PBX that initiates the phone call. (the doorbell is connected via
an Arduino).

How many homes have their own PBX system ?

I do, had one for about 25 years

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England