Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default door to door salespests

On Friday, 15 September 2017 11:57:06 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

Trouble is some stuff is too big to go in one of those.

Obviously but the postie obviouly has to leave it somewhere.

The last lot of grog I bought online was much too big
to put in what is sensible to have locked box wise.

So where did it go ?

I answered the door when they knocked, and helped
them to move it from the van into my house.

Tad radical, I realise.

So you were there, so there wasn' a problem then.

The postman can then leave the parcel
their no need for me to come to the door

Doesnt work for stuff you have to sign for.

An app coul,d get around that quite easily the postie
could film himself putting the item in the requested place.

Useless when it needs your signature.

Why does it NEED yuor signature, what's so specaial about you.
I go over to our postroom nealry everyday to colelct post for me signed by someone else, it's standard practice.

Would yuo expect asy Thereas May to come out of 10 downing street to sign for a parcel for herself ?

Once you have the surveillance cameras and alarm
system, easy enough to have it do the other fancy
stuff too and wouldnt cost any more hardware wise.

Leaves stupid dinosaur primitive bells and door knockers for dead.

But it could cost thousands.

Many have that anyway with their surveillance equipment.
Might as well use that to replace dinosaur bells and knockers
and get a vastly better overall result.

at a much higher cost

Not if you have the surveillance system already.

which most haven't.

but if iot was really that easy the security forces and police
would be using survalance cameras with face recignition

They do.

So how come they keep asking the public to ID someone , like the putney bridge 'pusher' if it worked they wouldn't have made the mistake of questioning the wrong person.

but it;s expensive on a large scale.

We aint talking about a large scale, we are discussing
what those with even half a clue choose to have at their
place instead of farting around with door bells etc.

abd they haven;t choosen survaliance system instead of a door bell.