Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default door to door salespests

On Thursday, 14 September 2017 00:36:18 UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 14:49:53 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:

I don't need to, I can use the rechargeable C cells?

OK for me they'd have seemed a bit pricey for the use they are put to.
We have over a dozen DMMs we stopped using partly because they used 6 X C cells.
C cells are about 4x the price of AA/AAA.

So put AA rechrgeables in them. I saw the convertors in Poundland a while ago, or they're cheap online, as are low cost NiMH AAs.

Yep that was my main point about using rechargable C cells.
If you really were a DIYer you wouldn;t need to buy converters either.