Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default door to door salespests

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 21:59:44 UTC+1, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 08:31:17 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

But it's integrated with the PBX, and the bell push actually rings
all the phones in the house .

I'd hate that, not know or being sure if someone was phoning me or
someone at the front door.

Trivial to have a different ring tone for the two different types of
thing.

but ringtones can only be activated from a phonecall, so your doorbell
would have to activate a phone call to your mobile number and that
number would be fixed unless yuo could use your contact app could in
some way recongnise the person at the door then ID that person with the
person ringing the doorbell.

Who said anything about a mobile? I'm talking about within the house. And
I've written software so that the doorbell activates a process in the PBX
that initiates the phone call. (the doorbell is connected via an Arduino).

How many homes have their own PBX system ?
an Arduino is a bit of an overkill for a doorbell.

(and a
garden bell). Guarantees we will hear it. Also logs the date and
time.

That would be useful but if I were going that far I'd go back to a
webcam on the door so recording everything.

I'd use the surveillance cameras instead.

I would do to if it weren't for the high price.

The logs are really useful for a quick check. I usually want to know if
my son has missed a caller while I was out. I have a command that shows
the last ten uses of the doorbell, which beats scanning the video
recording.

How can it show you who used the doorbell ?