Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default door to door salespests

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 20:22:45 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 09:52:26 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
news On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 15:43:34 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

On 12/09/2017 14:31, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 11:27:23 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 11/09/2017 23:45, wrote:
[quoted text muted]
We found their number reduced greatly after small but clear "No Cold
Caller" signs above letterbox and bell-push

10% of our callers use the bell push. The rest just knock.

Why do they do that? I can't here a knock on the door from my desk but
one of the doorbell chimes is just outside the room I work in.

Mike

As I have said upthread, when challenged, the only answer I have got is
"sometimes they don't work".

yep I got that as well

"so push the bloody thing to find out first you ******"

tim

Problem is that still doesn't prove it's working, because you might not be
able to hear an indoor bell from outside

but in my case, I know that you/they can

It's similar to the way they test our fire alarms at about 8am when there's no one here to hear them. I think they got confused with trees falling in forests or something.