Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default door to door salespests

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 07:38:34 +0100, alan_m wrote:

On 13/09/2017 15:07, Rod Speed wrote:

IMO it would be better done with the surveillance cameras and that
could go much further and recognise when a courier van has showed up
too, even using the branding on the van etc.

Your scheme will fall at the first hurdle if you try and use branding
information.

The last couple of (non-royal mail) deliveries I've had have turned up
have been by private car.

I used to work close by an Amazon delivery hub where up to 50 vans would
turn up early in the morning. They were all anonymous (no branding)
apart from the 'standby' hired vans which carried the branding of the
hire company.

I've been to other smaller delivery company depots to pick up failed
deliveries and noticed also that the the fleet of vans has no branding.
Some of the depots (industrial estate units) have been hard to find,
even given the address, because they prefer to remain outwardly
anonymous to the opportunist thief.

I had a ParcelForce delivery this week. Hired white van.