Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default Weller PU-1D / TCP-1 / PT-H6 parts info

Hi All,

The tip has come though the barrel on my trusty Weller iron (I've had
and used it regularly since my days with British Telecom 40+ years
ago) and I think it's a function of wear on both.

So I'm looking for a new barrel and probably a new tip [1] but I just
wondered if anyone could confirm the part number for the barrel
please? I believe it's '0051031199' but I thought I'd check before
ordering.

And whilst I can find PT-H6 tips (on eBay etc), I wondered if anyone
knew of an alternative that might be better for slightly bigger jobs
and with 60/40 please?

Like, I believe the PT-H6 is a .8mm 'screwdriver' tip and 310 or 315
DegC?

I think the number on the end determines the temperature with:
6=310, 7=370, 8=425, 9=480 DegC so a 6 should be good for 60/40 with a
melting point of about 190 DegC?

I'm guessing the 'PT' is probably the series and the other letter
defines the shape and size of the tip so is there a nice chart
somewhere please?

Cheers, T i m

[1] I have several other irons, including a 250V temperature
controlled / (screwdriver) adjustable Weller (somewhere), a big Weller
(75W), an Iroda Pro-50K gas iron (very handy) and even a 'hot knife'
for cutting synthetic rope, however I was wondering if there was a
mode modern workhorse general purpose iron that could match the PU-1D
for reliability and spares access etc?