Posted to uk.d-i-y
Max Demian Max Demian is offline

Default door to door salespests

On 13/09/2017 14:49, whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 13:40:07 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2017 05:25:49 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

you could use rechargble AAAs

I don't need to, I can use the rechargeable C cells?

OK for me they'd have seemed a bit pricey for the use they are put to.
We have over a dozen DMMs we stopped using partly because they used 6 X C cells.
C cells are about 4x the price of AA/AAA.

The chargers are more expensive, and you may only have the AA/AAA type.
Maplin sell battery converters than hold AA cells and are the size of C
(or D) cells. (For that matter, judging from the mAh rating C and D
rechargeables may be AA batteries in oversized cases. AA batteries can
be up to 2400 mAh.)

--
Max Demian