chris French

Default Which Programmable Room Stat?

In message , Set Square
writes

I notice that a number of companies make (or sell) programmable stats -
including Drayton, Honeywell, Horstmann, Sunvic (plus Screwfix) - all of
which are basically similar but with a few variations.

Features which seem to me to be useful include:
* At least 4 programmed events per 24 hours (preferably 6)
* Time resolution (granularity) of 10 minutes or better
* 2 day types (nominally weekday/weekend) with the ability to set any day to
either type

i can 't do that but the times can be set with complete flexibility.

* Temporary over-ride without re-programming
* Holiday feature enabling the heating to be off for a period and them
resume automatically after a specified number of days - preferably up to at
least 50 days

This holiday feature isn't IMO very useful.

Check your household insurance - mine specifies (and i think it is
pretty common) that when the house is unoccupied that the CH be left on
a minimum temp - I think mine is 15 C. so turning it off isn't much use.
A holiday function that left it on a set temp until the end of the
holiday would be useful however. I'd leave mine on anyway to avoid the
possibility of burst pipes while away.

I would particularly like the over-ride to work in the same way as my
current programmer if possible - but I haven't found any that are exactly
equivalent yet. My current programmer (which admittedly is only controlling
the on/off function and not temperature) has an "Advance" button which takes
it to the next programmed event early, and then reverts to the set
programme.

Mine has an Advance button which does exactly that.

It is an ACL PT371 (is this the same as Drayton?)

The function that I would really like however is the ability to switch
from an 'at home' program to an 'at work' program for an individual
day - I don't always know until the day if I will be working out of the
house.

Certainly they are useful though, being able to set a lower temp at
night but leave the heating on, and a slightly lower temp in the middle
of the day, when we tend to be more active I guess has improved the
comfort level of the house.
--
Chris French, Leeds