Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ggherold@gmail.com is offline

Default Soda Maker: How long does it take carbon dioxide to diffuse into4C cold water at 30psi?

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 10:49:16 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 10:57:11 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hmm and yet I feel we are fighting in a 'security screw'
arms race.

What? You don't feel more secure with security screws in place? Just
think of all the bad things that can happen to the company if one of
their screws is not properly secured. Obviously, something must be
done to prevent screws from "accidentally" falling out.

I've got my ~100 piece set from harbor freight,
https://www.harborfreight.com/100-pc...ase-68457.html

I have two of the same kits. Far too many duplicate bits.

When I went to take apart my latest coffee maker,

Latest? I deduce that your coffee makers are exhibiting a rather
short half life. Have you considered buying something more durable?
Oh wait... I forgot that you can no longer buy quality appliances at
any price. Never mind.

I found that the
tripoint screw was down a long narrow tunnel, such that the screw driver
bit holder was to wide to fit. Curses!

Yeah, that's a common problem. I have a few assorted long round shank
screwdrivers that have been modified on my bench grinder and Dremel
tool to fit various security screws. If I'm desperate, I'll cut off
the top, and braze it to a steel rod. If you're lazy, take a Dremel
cutoff disk and cut a notch in the base of the bit to fit an
screwdriver blade.

Oh, that's a good idea! I was thinking we/they need to market
a bit set that also has a hex shaped indentation on the back side
so that you could drive it with an Allen wrench.

Perhaps this set of extra long security bits?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/263093504682

Right, the arms race continues.

George H.

Fortunately I fixed the no hot water problem, by running vinegar through
the machine several times. But still it does not bode well for future
failures.

As long as there is lime (calcium carbonate and oxide) dissolved in
your coffee water, you're going to have the problem. The trick is to
clean the coffee maker BEFORE it totally clogs and won't pass any
vinegar. Unless you like drinking distilled water (it tastes "flat")
or you buy a water softener, you're stuck with an occasional vinegar
flush.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D