Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] bblaukopf@airsource.co.uk is offline

Default Bosch Dishwasher not heating - E09 (solved)

Not actually a question, just summarising.

Bosch Exxcel SMS65E32GB/98 dishwasher tripped the RCD once, and subsequently would run a full cycle but show E09 at the end - and didn't heat the water at all.

Googling said this was probably a heat pump error, and suggested it was not a DIY fix. Whatever.

Bosch have exploded parts diagrams here

http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/customer...ts/spare-parts
- just enter the model number as the E-Nr number. Then click on Spart parts list and Exploded Drawings. At this point I usually had to reload the page to get it to actually display any drawings.

I disassembled the dishwasher following instructions from several videos. Screws are Torx head, of cours.e I had to take off the lid, right hand side, tip the thing on its back, unscrew cover 0541 in order to remove reservoir 0540. Clean up the cover and facing prior to replacement. This then allowed me to move the power module 0660 and gain access to the heat pump 0450. I took off a whole lot besides, but this probably wasn't necessary. One video on the web wants you to remove the whole case bottom 0610. While this would doubtless make the job a lot easier, I don't believe it is actually (easily) removable on this model, since I found some crimped metal where you might want a screw...

This video covers most of the essentials. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKAQmq9MPN8

After removing the heat pump, take off seal 0453 as well, which should just easily prise off. The replacement heat pump comes with a new seal, aka Jubilee clip. Tightening this thing for the new pump was the only really fiddly bit of the whole job.

The heat pump is drawing 0450 which is part 12019637. Bosch were about half the price of anyone else for this part, so I got it from them, which took two working days.

I spent perhaps three-four hours on the whole job, having never opened a dishwasher first. If I did it again, it would take less than one hour.