Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default door to door salespests

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 16:58:35 +0100, tim... wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 15:43:34 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

On 12/09/2017 14:31, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 11:27:23 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 11/09/2017 23:45, wrote:
[quoted text muted]
We found their number reduced greatly after small but clear "No Cold
Caller" signs above letterbox and bell-push

10% of our callers use the bell push. The rest just knock.

Why do they do that? I can't here a knock on the door from my desk but
one of the doorbell chimes is just outside the room I work in.

Same here. Knocks on the door are rarely heard becaise of the layour of
the house, but the doorbell sounds in any room (and optionally in the
garden).

I do put 'ring bell' on delivery instructions, and I'm having a brass
plate made with similar instructions on it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Notice-Plea.../dp/B00182XGZA

HTH

I looked at a load of these and couldn't find one that fitted between the
two raised door panels, under the knocker and above the bell.