Posted to alt.home.repair
Taxed and Spent Taxed and Spent is offline

Default $1000 phone

On 9/12/2017 7:05 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/12/2017 9:09 AM, Mark Storkamp wrote:
In article ,
Taxed and Spent wrote:

On 9/11/2017 10:21 PM, Andy wrote:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/11/inve...one/index.html

What do you thing ?

Andy

I just bought a brand new 3 year old model Samsung to replace the one
that started acting goofy. $125.00. I'm good.

Brand new iPhone SE $150. Isn't the new Samsung around $950? Are we all
supposed to drive Yugos too? Ban BMW, they cost more than Fords? The
visceral hate some people have for certain brands is entertaining/sad to
watch.

I think the $1000 phone is just calling attention to the cost/value for
such a small item, powerful as it is. Can they sell it for less? Sure,
Apple has tons of cash, but as long as people are willing to give them
more, they will take it.

If you think the price of the phone is obscene, just look at the money
we throw at athletes and celebrities. The good ones are making millions
for doing what they like. Compare their worth to the aid taking care of
mom at the nursing home and let me know who has more value in life.

And many, many of these people who buy expensive phones and high prices
tickets, are being supported for their health insurance, etc. as they
"need our help".