Vito Cavallo

Default Need Help With Stuck Steam Pipe

I have an old house that uses steam heat. I installed tile in my first
floor bathroom and I need to replace the steam pipe because it's too short.
After hours of trying, I reallly mangled the end of the pipe with a pipe
wrench. The other problem is the pipe is encased in concrete, because the
bathroom is an add-on. The pipe is 8 inches into the concrete. I can get
to the beginning of the pipe, but not the elbow that is stuck.

How can I remove this stuck steam pipe? Is there a tool that will go down
into a steam pipe and grind it away from the inside? A cutting torch is not
long enough and seems dangerous.

Thanx