Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default The Houston Gang An update 8/30

writes:
On Mon, 11 Sep 2017 15:31:03 GMT,
(Scott Lurndal)
wrote:

Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com writes:
DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 10:15:52 PM UTC-4,
wrote:

One thing I've wondered about... Couldn't a reasonable place to stay
for a family be built in a 20' container? They're stackable, so you
could load a stack train up and unload in an empty parking lot.

Assuming the parking lot is right by the tracks and that the unloading
equipment can be set up/used on-site. If not, add a transportation
step to the set-up process.

Right, but 2-3 semis with a pair of containers each could probably have
10-20 containers set up in a day.

Have you ever been _in_ a container? 20' by 6' is what, about 120 square
feet? No Windows, door hardware only on the exterior. No plumbing,
No electricity.

Yeah, just sleep in the street.

Where, above, was that stated? You wouldn't be perceived as such a
jerk if you would stop with the strawmen.

120ft^2 isn't enough shelter. It's
*insulting*.

I note that you don't have a problem with no plumbing or ventilation
in the deep south in late summer.