Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Vemcolite VL-4 on 50Hz?

On Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 2:26:57 AM UTC-4, Jon Anderson wrote:
Setting up to do some old school drafting for work. Was going to model
our ute trays in CAD, but nobody at work is remotely CAD savvy.
Everybody understands paper technology.
Anyway, lusted for a Vemcolite for years, found one just before moving
to AU. Would like to put it to use, wonder if it'll work OK on a step
down transformer?

Jon

I know nothing about a Vemcolite] so take this as something to check into rather than good advice.

But if it is just a light, I would think the right bulb would have it working on 240 volts 50 cycle. I would look at the LED bulbs and see if you can not get a bulb that will fit and work at your voltages.

Dan