Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Coon[_2_] Mike Coon[_2_] is offline

Default Soda Maker: How long does it take carbon dioxide to diffuse into 4C cold water at 30psi?

In article , says...

Yes, it can be slow compared to many uses of the word "slow". I've

brewed
tea in glass and watched the tea diffuse. Since the water is hot the
diffusion is faster and the cooling causes some current, so you can actually
watch the tea colored water fall out of the tea bag. At 3 °C diffusion will
be much slower. Stirring mixes up the water to bring fresh to the surface.
Better yet is to push the gas through the water as tiny bubbles which is
what they do at a soda fountain. Nearly instantaneous diffusion.

I think a major area where agitation makes a big difference is in the
absorption of CO2 in sea water. O2 too, for that matter!

Mike.