Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Furnace Filter Questions

On Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 9:44:07 PM UTC-4, Iggy wrote:
replying to trader_4, Iggy wrote:
I thought we turned a new leaf, but here you are hopping right back in with
the dimwit clown trolls of stupidity with no clue of what I said.

Those people have been here a lot longer than you, they've helped a
lot of people and they aren't trolls.

Where's the
"new question"? IT ISN'T! Why? Because here's the old question with wrong or
partial or incomplete information.

If I was the average person searching the web because of a question I had and
found old thread after old thread, I'd stop there. Why look or ask any
further, if that's the crap everyone's spewing and happy with?

That assumes that all old threads, or most are just full of crap.
We have a little history here to, that you may not be aware of.
Typically these old threads that are suddenly revived get revived
by:

Someone from HomeOwnersHub

They are asking a basic question where the answer is available
from simple googling of many available resources on the web, ie a
google would answer it without even needing a newsgroup.

The question is poorly formed, often lacking the most basic
info that would be required to answer it or many times to even

And the new posts typically doesn't add anything of value,
they frequently are useless. Not saying that about yours,
but I think people here would agree it's generally the case.
understand it.

So, I tend to doubt that these posters have even looked at any
resources readily available, let alone start wading through
newsgroups. Like "are cleanable filters best?". I just googled
it and in the first three pages of results you get dozens of hits,
websites, videos, etc, all kinds of resources, not one of them
is a newsgroup. So, I
think you are greatly overestimating the number of people who
have a current question that are going through old newsgroups
to find the information they need.

Also, many people here have an issue with HomeOwnersHub, they feel
that they have tried to hijack the AHR newsgroup which is part of
usenet and make it look like it's theirs.