Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default The Houston Gang An update 8/30

On 9/5/2017 8:54 PM, wrote:
On 05 Sep 2017 20:24:02 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

LOL. I always went to the meetings and one day the HOA VP visited me
and indicated that the secretary resigned. He asked if I would be
willing to fill that spot, I accepted. FF about a year and the board
made me president. I keep getting reelected with no opposition and
reassigned to hold the president position.

Leadership is sometimes a position they give you to keep you from causing
trouble. You weren't causing trouble for them, were you Leon? ;-)

It's also something given to you because you didn't step backwards
fast enough.

IIRC they don't make you take a management position, they ask you.
Whether you take it or not is strictly up to you.

Having always been in a management position since 21, it was not that
big of a deal for me.

You do have a point, though. I think twice before I speak at our
annual meeting. My mouth may earn me something my ass doesn't want to
pay for.

So think before you speak. ;~)