Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Houston Gang An update 8/30

On Mon, 4 Sep 2017 20:17:05 -0700 (PDT), Sonny
wrote:

On Monday, September 4, 2017 at 7:22:10 PM UTC-5, wrote:

I didn't say anything about FEMA doing everything right after Katrina.
FEMA is (federal) government. When they do something right, it's time
to be amazed.

But the other five trailers they used did not leak.

Let's all hope that FEMA learned something.

Kinna diverting from this school of thought, FEMA did learn something after Katrina. The trailers they supplied had issues with the China-made plywood interiors, namely, the gassing off of formaldehyde. Lots of those trailers were simply parked, unused. Later, some outfits tried to sell some of them, after buying them thinking they could turn a quick profit off unknowing buyers. If I'm not mistaken, there were still some parked at the old racetrack, here, just 2 yrs ago.

We'll see if they really learned anything. Would you have suspected
that formaldehyde might be bad for people? It wasn't unknown in
plywood and particle board, at the time.

Another diversion from thought: Prospective subdivisions, here, have (had?) been havens for drug dealers (cul-de-sacs or otherwise), in that, the mail boxes, of the empty homes, was where the transactions took place.... no one paid attention to them as exchange (money-drugs) venues. The subdivision, behind me, was one of those places where exchanges were made, via the mailboxes. Several guys (brothers), living behind me, got caught.

Nice dark places, off the beaten path, attract all sorts of vermin.