Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace Filter Questions

On Tuesday, September 5, 2017 at 12:32:12 AM UTC-5, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
On Monday, September 4, 2017 at 11:47:52 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:

On Monday, September 4, 2017 at 4:14:10 PM UTC-5, Iggy wrote:

replying to SteveB, Iggy wrote:

Well, I have to disagree with the others and explain why. A filter is a whole
house defense and not at all just a big-chunk-blocker, which is all the
washables are good for...regardless of their "claims". The more you can catch
the better, period...why people wear dust masks instead of pulling pantyhose
over their heads.

Whatever you catch is whatever doesn't get into your HVAC system, ductwork
and, of course, breathing air. I went to 3m's Filtrete Ultra Allergen (MPR
1500 and MERV 12) 10-years ago with a new system and the HVAC is dustless and
still brand new on the N-coil and everything...never had the new system
cleaned yet.

The biggest help you can give yourself is to clean your supply and return
ducts with a long vacuum hose...swimming pool hoses work extremely well for
this when hooked up to a well filtered or outdoor located shop-vac. Get a pack
of the best filter you can afford, it makes a big difference.

You're replying to people who've been dead for 10 years. They were all hunted down and murdered by professional hit gerbils. It was a real tragedy..(~_~

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

I wish somebody would release those gerbils onto Iggy-norant
and the rest of the crew at HomeMoanersHub that lack basic
reading skills.

It would be considered animal cruelty. You choose which are the animals.snickerヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Cruel Monster