Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bathroom wiring questions

On 03/09/2017 08:39, wrote:
Hi all

I am doing our bathroom up and we are having a cupboard with a couple sinks on top. The kids want to get electric tooth brushes so am wondering what my options are for providing power to the sink area for then to plug their toothbrushes in.

I assume there is no way of putting a socket on the wall between the sinks? Would putting it in the cupboard below the sinks be an option?

Also, I am fitting a spa bath. It has an IP55 box underneath to wire the pumps up so I plan to run the power from here to a socket somewhere. Can I put the socket for this in the cupboard too or should it be outside of the bathroom?

Thanks in advance all

Lee.

As others have said, a shaver socket is the usual solution.

However, presumably only the toothbrushes' chargers require mains - not
the toothbrushes themselves? Modern re-chargeable toothbrushes run for
many days on one charge - so the charger doesn't *need* to be in the
bathroom. The kids could charge them when required in their bedrooms.
--
Cheers,
Roger