Default "Sorry I dialed the wrong Number." Calls ????????

Recently we have been getting numerous phone calls that as soon as you
answer only has a recording with a -sweet_ woman's voice saying:
"Sorry I dialed the wrong number."

You hear this before you get a chance to say anything and there is an
immediat4 hang up! Is this a new way telemarketers are getting back
at folks who are on the national l do not call list?

There are several of these calls received each a day! If they know
they dialed the wrong number before you answer, why do they dial the
wrong number in the beginning?