Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Decimal Time

On Sat, 2 Sep 2017 18:10:00 -0400, rickman wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote on 9/2/2017 3:03 PM:

Why don't you just declare that the ratio of the circumference to the
diameter of a circle is exactly 3.0 instead of 3.14159...? I think it
would be easier than changing to decimal time.

I'm for it.

Excellent.

How will you get the circle to agree?

Not a problem. Just put a flat spot (chord) somewhere on the
circumference. That will shorten the circumference sufficiently so
that the ratio equals exactly 3.0. Please feel free to name such a
flattened circle in my honor. The newly established Bureau of
Decimation should then declare that the official US circle will have a
flat spot.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D