Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default The Houston Gang An update 8/30

On 9/1/2017 2:01 PM, wrote:
On Friday, September 1, 2017 at 12:20:42 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

The link above is a shallow point. East of here they expect water to be
around for weeks.

Got an email from my sister. Still no electricity in her neighborhood, but "all of the sudden", the water is receding in their house. They are driving around now, but mostly looking for other places to live. Apartments are lasting (literally) just several minutes when put on the apartment finder pages or on someone's facebook page. She responded within 15 minutes of a posting on a facebook page, and she was already aced out of the unit.

FEMA assessors still haven't made it to their neighborhood as they were considered "moderate" flooding with only 4-7 feet of water in the neighborhood, and only 2' in their house. No word on when they will have a meeting, but she said the govt folks are pouring into the city.

This is going to be a long, long process of recovery that won't really have a direction for another several months.

Robert

I would go up north and buy an RV, and put that on my property so I
could be there to restore.
The RV would then be a weekend user, or sell it.
Much better than being away from the house.

--
Jeff