Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Atlas craftsman model101 27430

On 30 Aug 2017 00:27:13 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2017-08-29, Martin Eastburn wrote:

On 8/26/2017 10:18 AM, Tony Robles wrote:
I was given a craftsman 101 27430 12 in. lathe with quick change gears in
excellent shape and runs great,been learning to use the lathe.Appreciate
all
the youtube videos.As I was cutting some threads the gears started
jumping on
the Quadrant so I pulled it apart and noticed a crack on the Quadrant.Been
trying to find a new or used quadrant on ebay an have been unsuccessful
would
appreciate any help as to where I might look.

Might be a Logan Lathe.

Search for Logan Lathe - web and they support them.

Martin

Not likely. The Craftsman (Sears Roebuck) lathes were made by
Atlas. (And Atlas joined with Causing, so look for parts under the
Clausing name.)

The Logan lathes were sold by another big store chain, whose
name I *should* remember, but can't at the moment -- likely until just
after I hit "send". :-)

And, of course, there were also the Craftsman "109" series
lathes, made by AA and a lot more fragile.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Montgomery Wards of course.

---