Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default The Houston Gang

On Monday, August 28, 2017 at 7:48:08 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Just touching in, we have been busy watching the news and hunkering
down. This has been an event. While this is nothing to take lightly
there are some of us that are doing just fine.

Glad to hear all's well. I have lots of relatives in & about Houston. Only one cousin's daughter's home was flooded. All others are doing okay, damage-wise. A few are without power, but are staying with family.

I had kept some tabs with the goings-on, mainly with the Lafayette area. Only about 5" of rain, here. Seems Lafayette was between the severe rain bands. Not until I got home did I discover I-10 was closed past the state line to Houston. I was told most of Beaumont is under water. That's serious flooding. Driving through town, I noticed more/congested traffic, than normal, lots of Texas plates on vehicles.

Sonny