Posted to alt.home.repair
Taxed and Spent Taxed and Spent is offline

Default Cordless telephones

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 16:31:31 +0100, Taxed and Spent wrote:

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 16:09:13 +0100, Taxed and Spent wrote:

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 15:46:51 +0100, Unquestionably Confused wrote:

On 8/30/2017 8:34 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 18:58:25 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

So in an emergency, someone uses a phone booth to call an ambulance,
and they have to pay? Sorry, no coins, somebody dies.

Modern pay phones let you dial 911 without coins.

Anyway I don't mean a per-call charge, but a monthly charge on your bill
regardless of how many calls you made.

As in a surcharge (tax, a rose by any other name) to fund the toys and
goodies the emergency services require to perform their job (and then
some, a LOT of then some).

Maybe they don't do that in the UK, but I'll bet if you look hard enough
you'll find that all your free **** isn't free and, likely, it's just as
****ty as our "free" stuff.

Between the unions (public sector here which represent something on the
order of 34%-35% of the employees vs. = 6.5% of the private sector
workforce) and the notion that there must be some sort of tax or
surcharge affixed to everything the government provides, we at a point
where the bulk of the expense (salaries and benefits) are paid out of
the property and income taxes and everything else is funded by
surcharge. So we're paying all these folks to stand around and do
nothing but wait for our calls and then charge us for responding
(although we're paying, again, in advance).

Think about it. After you pay your income and property taxes, what
interaction with the government can you have that doesn't require
additional fees payable at the time of use/need or is prepaid, ala 9-1-1
surcharge, etc.

Indeed.

And half the time the firemen are just rescuing someone's stupid cat that got "stuck" up a tree. Rescue your own cat ffs! Even a 6 year old boy can climb a tree, you don't need a tax-paid fireman!

but they are sitting around doing nothing anyway. If they happen to be
on a real call, the cat sits in the tree.

BTW, what does the phrase "taxed and spent" mean that you use as your name? If it's taxed, I can't spend it.

taxed and "drained of energy or effectiveness"

I think it's about time everybody refused to live in civilisation. Set up camp somewhere, don't pay taxes, don't expect government assistance with anything, just live normally. "Gypsy" I believe is the word I'm looking for.

I think it is time that people who live in a society should realize what
a society is. It is not a whole subculture sponging off the others.